Saturday, May 25, 2013

Technology at its best!

Today I found something amazing.  I'm sitting in an internet cafe, trying to figure out what young people do on the internet these days, waiting for my computer to charge, when I thought I might try to find my village on google maps.  And I did!


View Larger Map

My location: -30.069639,27.380488

To give you a bit of direction.  Zoom in first.  The structure in the middle is my host family's compound.  The red roof is my host family's house and the tin roof is a building with four rooms, one of which (the square farthest from the house) is my little room.  Yes, it is that small.  The three plots to the left of the house belong to my family and the property stretches to five trees on the right.
If you scroll past those trees (staying along the path) you will come to my school (past the long building on the left on the right side of the road)  It's composed in a rectangle with the southern side having no buildings.  The northern building has three classrooms: Form A, B1, and B2.  The east side has the kitchen (north east most building) the office (in the middle) and the staff room.  The west side has the store room (small northwest building) and three more classrooms for Form C, D, and E.
If you continue to follow the road you will reach the primary school (the schools are walking distance from each other).
In between the schools you will see our tap.  It's quite large.
If you follow the road north and east you will see the orphanage on the right side of the road (just before a lot of trees on the left)

Enjoy (I know I am).

No comments:

Post a Comment